Learn to make traditional Italian pasta from scratch with step-by-step instruction from cookbook author and award-winning cooking instructor Giuliano Hazan.
Giuliano, son of famed Italian cookbook author Marcella Hazan, carries on his family’s teaching tradition in the Craftsy kitchen, showing you how to make, roll out, cut, fill and cook authentic fresh egg pasta.
What You’ll Learn
To make pasta dough from scratch
To cut fresh noodles by hand and by machine
How to mix traditional Italian pasta fillings
How to fill and shape tortelloni, cappelletti and ravioli
How to create artful shapes like farfalle and garganelli
How to perfectly cook pasta and pair your fresh noodles with the right sauce
What You’ll Make
Egg pasta dough and a green (spinach) pasta variation
Fresh noodles such as pappardelle, fettuccine, tagliatelle, tagliolini, angel hair and maltagliati
Tortelloni with ricotta-parsley filling
Ravioli with swiss chard filling
What You’ll Love
Mastering authentic, homemade Italian pasta with an expert chef and bestselling cookbook author
Cutting noodles—pappardelle, fettuccine, tagliatelle and more—by hand and by machine
Create artful shapes like farfalle and garganelli, and stuffed pasta such as ravioli, tortelloni, and cappelletti
Giuliano’s extensive knowledge of Italian food, regions and traditions
Cooking along with a master chef from the first family of Italian cuisine in your kitchen
Step-by-step instruction that guides you through making a variety of pastas
Four downloadable, printable recipes and a supply list
Incorporating time-honored Italian cooking techniques, textures and tastes in all your pasta dishes
What you get:
- 7 HD video lessons with anytime, anywhere access
- Downloadable class materials, including pasta and sauce recipes
- Hours of close-up instruction
- Answers from Giuliano in our virtual classroom
The Craftsy Guarantee:
- Watch classes on your own schedule: wherever, whenever you want
- Your access never expires
- 100% money back guarantee
- Making Pasta Dough (25:48)
Meet Giuliano and learn to make pasta dough from scratch.
- Rolling Out & Cutting Pasta (18:35)
Learn to roll out the pasta and cut it into a variety of noodle types.
- Cutting Pasta By Hand (10:26)
Get to know your different noodles with Giuliano’s expert instruction.
- Tortelloni with Ricotta-Parsley Filling (16:40)
Shape and fill Tortelloni the Italian way.
- Meat-Filled Cappelletti (19:51)
Make meat-filled cappelletti by rolling out the dough, as well as cutting, filling and shaping the noodles.
- Ravioli with Swiss Chard Filling (19:16)
You’ll learn filling and shaping techniques for this delicious dish by looking over Giuliano’s shoulder.
- How to Cook & Sauce Pasta (12:27)
Learn to cook and sauce your pasta. Then it’s time to eat!
- Supported OS: Web Browser
Food & Cooking
Intermediate skill level
Watch classes on your own schedule: wherever, whenever you want
Your access never expires
100% money back guarantee